Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Butterick Lisette Moto Jacket B6169 - a very happy project

I feel like I have been working on the moto jacket all month, but in reality I only cut it out last week.  Unlike my usual routine of buy for stash and work from stash, I fully planned this jacket:
  1. Ordered the pattern from PatternReview.com Feb 19
  2. Committed to the Sewalong  March 6
  3. Stumbled on the fabric and received assistance with the zipper at Giroux Sewing Centre while travelling  March 14
  4. Traced the Pattern March 18
  5. Made Muslins March 20-22
  6. Sewalong started March 23
  7. Finished Jacket took pictures March 30-31
  8. Blogged April 2

I am thrilled with the result,  and looking forward to wearing it.
Liesl had a few "extra credit" steps in her sewalong and I followed these, although my hem interfacing was too light to be effective, and I snipped the upper back underlining to release the fabric at one shoulder.  I found the issue too late to figure out what went wrong - I am not going to unbag the lining to investigate.
I think the nicest hidden feature was a crazy back facing process:
  the sewalong had a really intimidating image of gathering an pins (I dislike pinning my sewing)
But it turned out gorgeous!



Overall - I give this project a 10/10 for satisfaction.

Update:  here are some more photos as requested:







4 comments:

  1. Aw, nice work! Yes, that back facing is a terror, isn't it? Hey, can I borrow a photo for our blog? I'd like to do a little round-up of some Lisette sewing, and I'll link back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete