I feel like I have been working on the moto jacket all month, but in reality I only cut it out last week. Unlike my usual routine of buy for stash and work from stash, I fully planned this jacket:
- Ordered the pattern from PatternReview.com Feb 19
- Committed to the Sewalong March 6
- Stumbled on the fabric and received assistance with the zipper at Giroux Sewing Centre while travelling March 14
- Traced the Pattern March 18
- Made Muslins March 20-22
- Sewalong started March 23
- Finished Jacket took pictures March 30-31
- Blogged April 2
I am thrilled with the result, and looking forward to wearing it.
Liesl had a few "extra credit" steps in her sewalong and I followed these, although my hem interfacing was too light to be effective, and I snipped the upper back underlining to release the fabric at one shoulder. I found the issue too late to figure out what went wrong - I am not going to unbag the lining to investigate.
I think the nicest hidden feature was a crazy back facing process:
But it turned out gorgeous!
Overall - I give this project a 10/10 for satisfaction.
Update: here are some more photos as requested: